Hola! Once again I am writing this on a Sunday morning (hangover free, might I add) and today’s post is inspired by my go-to recipes that I have basically been living off of recently, along with a few other things. Before we start, I should just say that I am not actually a vegetarian, although I do cut out meat where possible because when I do eat meat, it tends to be very unhealthy choices such as burgers and pepperoni pizza- aside from this, I do actually prefer Quorn a lot of the time. So here are two meals that I make out of convenience as cooking is not something I massively enjoy, but they are also super tasty whilst remaining fairly healthy too!
#1 Spicy Quorn Stir Fry
- Selection of veggies; spring onion, beansprouts, sweetcorn, frozen peas, mushrooms, peppers
- Choice of meat-alternative; soya meatballs or quorn chicken pieces
- Seasoning; chili flakes, garlic, light soy sauce or sweet chili
- Rice or thin ribbon noodles
I usually cook with a fry light spray oil or coconut oil, grill or boil the quorn/soya and just throw it all into the mini wok!
#2 Indian-Inspired Fritters
- Vegetable selection; spring onion, sweetcorn, frozen peas, peppers
- Seasoning; chili and curry powder, salt and black pepper
- Peeled potatoes
- 1 egg
- Small amount of butter for the potato and whole meal flour
- Cheese of your choice (I used a little bit of red leicester)
Again, I just use oil and fry until quite crispy but I’m sure they would be fine baked, too. These fritters are convenient in the fact that you can just make a batch up and store in the fridge and also go with basically anything, especially poached eggs or a salad.
Thanks for reading!