Hola! Once again I am writing this on a Sunday morning (hangover free, might I add) and today’s post is inspired by my go-to recipes that I have basically been living off of recently, along with a few other things. Before we start, I should just say that I am not actually a vegetarian, although I do cut out meat where possible because when I do eat meat, it tends to be very unhealthy choices such as burgers and pepperoni pizza- aside from this, I do actually prefer Quorn a lot of the time. So here are two meals that I make out of convenience as cooking is not something I massively enjoy, but they are also super tasty whilst remaining fairly healthy too!
#1 Spicy Quorn Stir Fry
- Selection of veggies; spring onion, beansprouts, sweetcorn, frozen peas, mushrooms, peppers
- Choice of meat-alternative; soya meatballs or quorn chicken pieces
- Seasoning; chili flakes, garlic, light soy sauce or sweet chili
- Rice or thin ribbon noodles
I usually cook with a fry light spray oil or coconut oil, grill or boil the quorn/soya and just throw it all into the mini wok!
#2 Indian-Inspired Fritters
- Vegetable selection; spring onion, sweetcorn, frozen peas, peppers
- Seasoning; chili and curry powder, salt and black pepper
- Peeled potatoes
- 1 egg
- Small amount of butter for the potato and whole meal flour
- Cheese of your choice (I used a little bit of red leicester)
Again, I just use oil and fry until quite crispy but I’m sure they would be fine baked, too. These fritters are convenient in the fact that you can just make a batch up and store in the fridge and also go with basically anything, especially poached eggs or a salad.
Thanks for reading!
Hello! So last week I turned 25, travelled to some cities I’ve never been to and also accepted a new job…well they do say that good things come in 3’s, right? I just thought I’d share the experience in case you were thinking of going or something, as well as a peek of the outfits I purhcased/wore along the way. In my previous posts I think my OOTD’s have consisted of New Look taking up the majority of my outfits, however since I am moving on from the company I will also say bye bye to my half price discount as well, meaning that I will probably be mixing up my brands a little more, haha!
It was just me and my sister, Tammy on the ‘National Holidays’ trip as I have made a ‘thing’ of going away for my birthdays since hitting my twenties (burying my head in the sand, basically) and this time we had four days to explore Chester and Liverpool, whilst staying in a hotel in Didsbury, Manchester. This all came as a bit of a surprise to be honest, as the website claimed that we would be staying in Liverpool and having an excursion to Chester but we had a good time all the same. Just beware if you are booking with National Holidays that sometimes it is all kept very much a mystery until you actually get there, especially if you have you heart set on somewhere in particular, but that being said- there pakacges are SO worth the money!
The highlights of the trip for me personally was;
- the most amazing burger, fries & slaw I have ever had in my life at ‘Hickory’s Smokehouse’ in Chester (located on the river side next to the cruise boats)
- Chester park, which was absolutley beautiful (even if I did get attacked by a squirell!)
- Liverpool in general, I just love that city and all its culture
I actually put together my first YouTube vlog as well so instead of putting photos on here, you can have a little cringe at my video instead, haha! Thanks for reading/watching, let me know what you think!